Are you looking for ways to lower your energy bill?
With inflation through the roof and energy costs at an all-time high, it’s more important than ever to invest in heating and cooling systems that will save energy and reduce your energy bill.
It’s starting to heat up, so you can expect your energy bill costs to rise this summer especially with current inflation rates.
Here are 15 tips on how to lower your energy bill!
1) Make sure your heating and cooling system is energy-efficient. It might be time for an upgrade. Newer systems use significantly less energy than older systems. We offer a variety of newer systems including traditional AC systems, Furnace Installations, Boilers, and Ductless systems.
2) Close off vents in unused rooms to reduce energy wastage. This is inaccurate and a common misconception that is also published in a lot of other articles online. One of our newer blog writers made a mistake. Closing off vents can actually increase energy usage and create other problems.
3) Set your thermostat to a comfortable temperature and don’t be afraid to adjust it based on your actual usage and needs.
4) Check for energy rebates and programs in your area that can help lower the cost of energy-efficient upgrades to your home.
5) Install energy-efficient windows and doors to help keep heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
6) Use energy-efficient lighting fixtures and bulbs throughout your home.
7) Unplug electronics and appliances when they’re not in use.
8) Upgrade to energy-efficient appliances.
9) Take shorter showers!
10) Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for energy-efficient operation of your heating and cooling system.
11) Inspect your home regularly for energy leaks especially in your ductwork.
12) Keep your heating and cooling system well-maintained. Regular maintenance such as filter changes, ductwork checks, etc are vital to maintaining your HVAC systems energy efficiency!
13) Invest in a whole-house energy assessment to help identify energy-saving opportunities in your home. Dave’s Cooling and Heating can help with an energy audit!
14) Shop around for energy providers to get the best rates.
15) Invest in HVAC Zoning. HVAC zoning is the process of heating and cooling your home so that specific areas can have their own temperature control. You might set up different conditions for each area. Like cooled bedrooms at night while focusing on a comfortable kitchen/living room atmosphere with air conditioning during day time periods. This gives you ultimate customization over how warm or cold it feels inside the different areas of your home.
If you’re looking for ways to save energy and lower your energy bill, be sure to try some of these tips! For more information or help with energy-saving upgrades, contact Dave’s Cooling and Heating by calling 301-401-2780.
As Frederick’s best HVAC company, we are committed to offering the best options and solutions based on your unique individual home needs!
We offer a variety of energy-efficient solutions to help make your home more comfortable and reduce your energy costs.