Are you planning on investing in a top-rated HVAC system during 2020? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
2020 is going to be the right time to buy a new HVAC system because with Freon Phase-out it’s going to get more difficult to repair freon based systems.
In this article, we will share with you tips on how to choose a top-rated HVAC system for 2020.
Tips for Choosing A Top-Rated HVAC System
- Energy Efficiency: The more energy-efficient the HVAC system, the more money you can save. Since an energy-efficient model works less to cool and heat your home, you reduce your utility bills. To evaluate energy efficiency, note the system’s SEER rating. The bare minimum is a 13 rating, but more efficient systems are rated 20-28.
- Sound Rating: To understand the amount of sound an HVAC system makes, look for the decibel rating on its label. Most systems range from 25-55 decibels, which isn’t much louder than a refrigerator. If you live in a smaller home where the system is more audible from outside, look for a quieter sound rating.
- Cost: It’s important to consider the initial system cost and ensure you stick to your immediate budget. You should also consider long-term costs associated with the system’s energy efficiency and durability.
- Warranty: A good HVAC warranty usually lasts 5-10 years. As a standard, the manufacturer covers the cost to replace faulty parts during this time period, but the warranty doesn’t always cover labor costs. When shopping, always ask for full warranty details. If needed, you can potentially purchase an extended warranty.
- Advanced Features: The Internet of Things and other smart technologies have entered some HVAC systems, providing advanced features to make your home as comfortable as possible. Some of the best central air conditioner brands of 2019 offer models that include smart thermostats, sound reduction, and automated system monitoring. You may not need all the bells and whistles, but some advanced features are well worth the price.
- Customer Reviews: By reading other buyers’ opinions, you can gain valuable insight into an HVAC system. Manufacturers often list reviews on their website, and you can also read reviews on retailer sites such as Home Depot and Lowe’s. Look for detailed reviews that list the customer’s home type, budget, and location. The most helpful reviews come from people with similar needs to yours.
Contact Dave’s Cooling and Heating
To learn more about which HVAC system will be right for your home or office contact us today by calling (301) 401-2780 or click here to connect with us online.